Louisiana Business Litigation Lawyer
Decades of Legal Experience in Baton Rouge
Litigation is essentially damage control. When disputes arise, it's strategic and necessary to engage in litigation to limit the damage and resulting costs. But what if you could avoid litigation altogether?
The Baton Rouge business and commercial law lawyers of Carleton Loraso Hebert & Wittenbrink, LLC, have decades of cumulative legal experience and are true trial attorneys. We are in court on a regular basis to advocate for the rights of our business clients.
Our business law practice, though, has another focus: to help clients avoid litigation. The proactive avoidance of disputes is the most cost-effective way to manage the legalities of doing business.
We provide counsel to small, medium, and large businesses regarding the broad range of issues they face. Issues we routinely handle and address include:
- Risk management and risk shifting
- Contract drafting and disputes
- Insurance coverage
- Hiring and firing policies
- Wage provisions
- Maritime law
- Issues faced by the oil and gas industry
- Shareholder disputes and shareholder derivative actions
- LLC member disputes and dissolution
- Director and Officer (D&O) liability claims
- Business misrepresentation claims
- Unfair Trade Practices Act Litigation (federal and state)
- Lender liability claims
- Account collection
- Landlord lien and privilege enforcement, and eviction
- Business formation
- Drafting and review of custom-made operating agreements, articles of incorporation and bylaws
- Commercial real estate purchase and sale
- Business dissolution and winding down
- Compliance with environmental regulations
We have the resources necessary to partner with Louisiana businesses and to manage transactions before they lead to conflict. Our goal is to resolve conflict whenever possible before conflict leads to costly litigation.
We offer competitive rates for business and commercial law matters. Although every case is different, we have even undertaken business litigation on a contingency fee basis. While many of the larger firms overstaff commercial law matters with inexperienced associates and paralegals, our clients work directly with partners. The result is streamlined transactions and litigation that keep your interests in mind.
Our clients range from "mom and pop" roofing companies to national and international oil and gas companies. From the board room to the courtroom, we work diligently to protect clients' rights. For more information, please contact our office.
Carleton Loraso Hebert & Wittenbrink, LLC accepts credit cards, is available for after-hour appointments, employs English and French speakers, and is conveniently located in downtown Baton Rouge. To contact us, call 225-234-0521.