Victor R. Loraso III
Attorney Victor R. Loraso III focuses his practice primarily in the areas of admiralty and maritime litigation, premises and product liability litigation, commercial litigation, insurance defense, and civil rights claims. He has successfully defended and prosecuted numerous jury and bench trials, argued before the Louisiana First Circuit Court of Appeal, and prepared a petition for writ of certiorari to the United States Supreme Court. He is rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating, the highest rating awarded, in recognition of his highly regarded legal skills and professional ethics.
Mr. Loraso is known for his high level of compassion, intellect, dedication and practical knowledge that he delivers to each and every client. He was selected for inclusion in the 2012 and 2013 Louisiana Super Lawyers® Magazine. Prior to practicing law, Mr. Loraso worked for the New Orleans office of Hibernia Investments where he traded mutual funds and money markets. In connection therewith, he held NASD Series 6 and 63 licenses, and a Louisiana Department of Insurance Life, Health and Accident Insurance license.
Mr. Loraso is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, the Baton Rouge Bar Association, the American Bar Association and SOLACE. He is admitted to practice in Louisiana as well as before the Eastern, Middle and Western U.S. District Courts of Louisiana, the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Southern U.S. District Court of Texas.
Areas of Practice
- 20% Admiralty & Maritime Practice
- 15% Insurance Defense
- 10% General Counsel to Businesses, Investors and Entrepreneurs
- 25% State and Federal Trial Practice
- 20% Premises & Products Liability Practice
- 10% Complex Cyber Litigation
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Louisiana, 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 2008
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 2008
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2008
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2010
- Southern University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 2007
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2002
- Major: Political Science
- Atelier Renaissance Construction
- BIC Alliance, Inc.
- Belmont Homes
- CNA Insurance
- Cavalier Homes
- Certain Underwriters at Lloyds, London
- Eagle Drydock and Marine Repairs, LLC
- Jasper Contractors, Inc.
- Moncla Marine, LLC
- Mt. Claims Service
- Osprey Underwriting Agency Limited
- Philen Farms Partnership
- Pot-O-Gold Rentals, Inc.
- TRAM Investments, Inc.
- TRAM Shipyards, Inc.
Honors and Awards
- 2012 Super Lawyers®, Louisiana Rising Stars (Personal Injury Defense)
- 2013 Super Lawyers®, Louisiana Rising Stars (Personal Injury Defense)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Baton Rouge Bar Association, Member, 2007 - Present
- Louisiana Association for Justice, Member, 2007 - Present
- SOLACE, Member, 2007 - Present
- American Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Brian L. Williams, 2005 - 2007
- Carleton Dunlap Olinde Moore & Bohman, LLC, 2007 - 2010
Pro Bono Activities
- Committee Chair, Baton Rouge Bar Assoc. Ball Maul Golf Tournament, 2011
- Regional High School Mock Trial Competition, Coach for Tara High School, 2008-2009; Coach for Baton Rouge Magnet School, 2010
- Regional High School Mock Trial Competition, Performance Judge, 2007
- Law Day Volunteer, 2008 - Present
- Several Social Security Disability Appeal for Baton Rouge Pro Bono Project with good success
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Pi Kappa Phi