Stephen C. Carleton
Stephen C. Carleton practices primarily in the areas of products liability, labor and employment law, construction, and insurance defense claims, including environmental/"toxic tort" litigation. He has successfully defended manufacturers and sellers in numerous products liability cases. His labor and employment experience includes the successful defense of clients involved in claims of discrimination and harassment as well as retaliatory discharge litigation.
Mr. Carleton is admitted to practice in all Louisiana state and federal courts and the United States Supreme Court. He is rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating, the highest rating awarded, in recognition of his highly regarded legal skills and professional ethics.
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Louisiana, 1984
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 1984
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- B.A. - 1981
- Belmont Homes
- Bituminous Insurance Company
- Blue Haven Pools
- CITGO Petroleum Corp
- Cavalier Homes
- Chevron U.S.A., Inc.
- Diesel Driving Academy, Inc.
- Hartford Insurance Company
- Jones, Lang, LaSalle Americas
- Liberty Mutual Group
- Mazda North American Operations
- Mitsubishi Motors North America
- Pride Energy Company
- Republic Group Insurance
- Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.
- State of Louisiana
- USHA Martin Americas, Inc.
Honors and Awards
- AV by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Baton Rouge Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Member