Martin S. Bohman
Martin S. Bohman practices primarily in the areas of admiralty and maritime law, commercial litigation, professional negligence, medical malpractice, and complex civil litigation. He also represents and advises businesses on issues specific to admiralty and maritime law, providing counsel to companies doing business in and around the Gulf of Mexico on issues pertaining to maritime law, contracts and risk management.
Mr. Bohman is currently a faculty member in the Trial Advocacy Program at the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University where he has taught for eight years. He is currently serving as a hearing committee chair for the Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board.
While attending Tulane Law School, he served as a Justice on the Tulane Moot Court Board as well as an advocate on the Tulane National Moot Court Trial Team, and he received the American Jurisprudence award for trial advocacy.
Prior to law school Mr. Bohman worked for the Los Angeles based securities firm of Wedbush, Noble & Cooke in their Los Angeles trading department. In connection therewith, he was licensed by the NYSE and NASD with a Series 7 license. During his tenure in that industry, Mr. Bohman traded securities internationally as well as domestically on the New York, American, and Pacific Stock Exchanges.
Mr. Bohman is admitted to practice in all Louisiana state and federal courts.
- Louisiana, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1993
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1993
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1993
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2009
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2009
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D. - 1992
- Honors: Tulane Moot Court Board
- Honors: Advocate, Tulane National Moot Court Trial Team
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award
- University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California
- B.A. - 1988
- Major: Psychology
- Offshore Marine Contractors, Inc.
- Faculty Member, Trial Advocacy Program, Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University
- LSU Trial Advocacy Program, 2000 - Present
Honors and Awards
- Tulane Moot Court Trial Team
- American Jurisprudence Award for Trial Advocacy
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maritime Law Association, Member, 2006 - Present
- Baton Rouge Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Wedbush, Noble & Cooke
- Blue Williams, Associate, 1992 - 1996
- McKeithen, McKeithen & Bohman, APLC, Managing Director, 1995 - 2006
Pro Bono Activities
- Hearing Committee Chair, Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board
- Committee Chair for the Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board