Carmen Tircuit Hebert
Carmen Hebert brings to Carleton Loraso a solid foundation of written and oral advocacy skills and professionalism. Ms. Hebert graduated from the LSU Law Center magna cum laude and was inducted into the Order of the Coif. She is a member of the Louisiana Law Review, and held the position of Senior Editor on the Board of Editors for Volume 70. Ms. Hebert received several academic scholarships and awards, including nine C.A.L.I. awards and the David and Bertha Herman Professional Responsibility Award, and she was named to the Chancellor’s List for her last five semesters at the Law Center.
While in law school, Ms. Hebert was active in the Moot Court program at the Law Center, competing on both the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Team and the National Moot Court Team. She was also named to the Wex S. Malone Chapter of the American Inns of Court. She remains involved with the moot court program, coaching the National Moot Court Team.
Ms. Hebert also assisted Professor Emeritus George W. Pugh with editing the 2010 and 2011 editions of the Handbook on Louisiana Evidence Law. Ms. Hebert continues her affiliation with the Handbook, working closely with the authors and publisher. She also served as a Junior Member of the Louisiana Law Institute for the year 2012.
Ms. Hebert practices primarily in the area of commercial litigation. She also has experience in lease negotiations, landlord/tenant disputes, employment disputes, drafting and reviewing contracts, business formation, construction liens and disputes, and collecting on judgments.
Ms. Hebert is admitted to practice before all Louisiana state and federal courts and the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. She is a member of the American Bar Association, Federal Bar Association, Louisiana State Bar Association, Baton Rouge Bar Association, SOLACE, and the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel .
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Louisiana, 2010
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. magna cum laude - 2010
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Law Review: Louisiana Law Review, Senior Editor, Member, 2008 - 2010
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- B.G.S. - 2007
Honors and Awards
- Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Best Memorandum, Honorable Mention, 2008 - 2009
- Member, National Moot Court Team, 2009
- David and Bertha Herman Professional Responsibility Award, 2009
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2014, 2014 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
Pro Bono Activities
- Coach for the National Moot Court team at LSU Law Center, 2010 - Present
- Phi Kappa Phi